Monday, April 19, 2010

My Rough Theatre

I would say the closest thing to a Rough Theatre besides what we experienced within this semester would be the transferring of hours upon hours of 16mm film to video with my family. The process took days maybe even over a week to covert the boxes of reels our family had. This was also my first experience with actual film over video. I was brought into a world of video since I was born and never knew there was even a difference between video and film until I got to this level in life. We had a white sheet on the wall with the projector and began to watch the childhood of my mother and her siblings. It was great for her because she hadn't see the footage in decades, my father may have seen some, and I had never seen any of the throwback film. She reminisced and I stared as i watched my first recognition of real film and not video. So my rough theatre seemed classic with a projector and small audience. This first experience of using film slipped my mind when I was younger because it wasn't really inuse for home video anymore. After being in college I now am really interested in a Super 8 camera for future filmming. I had never thought about it before but writing this has helped me realize about my experience with film early on. Fascinating.........

No comments:

Post a Comment