Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Saturday Shoot

I enjoyed the Saturday class mostly because it really wasn't class, more of a open-minded free production day. Helping the other group wasn't as bad as it was imagined to be with intensive labor, but more enjoyment from the process of filmmaking. I don't think it would of been as much fun without using the Bolex. The thought of actually shooting on film and only having the opportunity for one take made the production much more exciting. The small 8mm camera was pretty interesting to use too which I didn't know I would have the pleasure of using when I showed up. I never knew they made crank 8mm cameras that compact so it was cool to be able to use another camera that I never had before. Im always down to try something new especially in film. Our original idea which Tim had came up with ended up falling through when he couldn't show up for the Saturday Shoot. We ended up using my spur of the moment idea to film a rolly chair race. I thought we could use the advantage of having nobody in the building and the perfect hard granite floors to have some fun while filming. The building actually is in a M shape and worked for a great race track to film. The processing portion of the day was prettying interesting also, I had never dark room'd anything until this class. So the opportunity to watch film strips slowly reveal there images was cool experience, and I hope it isn't the last time. I look forward to doing post production with this footage, Royce and I have some really cool ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment